You will need a Google Webmaster tools account to access this analysis. Once you are logged in Select your site > click Diagnostics link in the menu > Click Content Analysis.
The Content Analysis page will show issues that may make it difficult for Google to crawl and index pages on your site.
Data that may be included on this page includes:
- Page Title issues: Potential problems with the title tag on your pages, such as missing or repeated page titles.
- Meta description issues: Potential problems with missing, duplicate, or otherwise problematic meta descriptions.
- Non-indexable content issues: Issues with Pages containing non-indexable content, such as Flash files, video, or images.
Review this report regularly to identify changes that potentially increase your rankings in Google search results pages, can improve the user experience and even help drive more traffic to your site.
Did you know that you can now tell Google which country or geographic location your website should be associated with? You can set the geographic location via the Google Webmaster Tools.
Via the Google Webmaster Central Blog :
“The information you give us will help us determine how your site appears in our country-specific search results, and also improves our search results for geographic queries.”
To remove content from the Google index, you can do one of the following:
- Ensure requests for the page return an HTTP status code of either 404 or 410.
- Block the page using a robots.txt file.
- Block the page using a meta noindex tag.
Your content will then be removed from the index the next time Google crawls your site.
Once you have done the above you can also expedite your content removal by logging in to your Google Webmaster Tools account and use the new URL Removals tool. With the new tool you can remove:
- Individual URLs: web pages, images, or other files
- A directory and all subdirectories on your site
- Your entire site
- Cached copy of a Google search result
Removals are effective for 6 months and you can revoke a removal at any time.